2018 GOLDEN GATE AUSTIN HEALEY CLUB EVENT SCHEDULE
Includes non-GGAHC Major Healey Events and Club-recommended events
Indicates events sponsored by the Golden Gate Austin Healey Club.
The club is introducing some new stuff this year to encourage participation:
- The 100%er Club has been created to recognize club members that participate in ALL OFFICIAL CLUB ACTIVITIES. 100%er Club members will be recognized at the 2018 Christmas Party.
- The club is going to revive Club Member Name Badges but you MUST QUALIFY by participating in 5 official club events.
- An Annual Mileage Award will be presented at the 2018 Christmas Party to the club member that drives their Healey the most during the year. The Events Coordinator will record your odometer mileage at the first event you attend for the year.
November 3: Delta Drive
What: Club member Gerry Silva will lead a drive through The Delta with a lunch stop at Foster’s Bighorn Bar (43 Main St, Rio Vista, CA 94571) which houses a wide variety of animals (of the stuffed variety) culminating at the California State Railroad Museum (125 I St, Sacramento, CA 95814).
The drive will start at 9:30 am from the Walnut Creek Target parking lot (1871 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596) right off the Ygnacio Valley exit at the Highway 680/24 interchange. At about 10:30 we’ll gather at the McDonald’s (914 Main St, Antioch, CA 94509) before crossing the Antioch bridge, wind along scenic Highway 160 and arrive at Foster’s Bighorn about 11:30 for lunch. Then onto the Railroad Museum.
You’re on your own for lunch and admission to the Railroad Museum is $10 or $9 for Seniors.
There are several gas options near the start:
Shell – 265 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Chevron – 1980 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
76 – 690 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
December 1: GGAHC Christmas Party
What: This year’s Golden Gate Austin Healey Club Christmas Party will be held at The Van’s Restaurant (815 Belmont Ave, Belmont, CA 94002) on December 1st at 12:00 p.m.
The Van’s has a unique and interesting Bay Area history. Built in San Francisco as the Japanese Tea House to commemorate the opening of the Panama Canal in 1915 (same as the Palace of Fine Arts) for the Panama Pacific International Exposition. Only those two buildings remain 103 years after the Expo. The Tea House was moved by barge and then horse and mule team in 1921 to its current location. It served as a residence, a speakeasy during the Prohibition, then a saloon and, since 1945, as an Italian restaurant.
Commemorations and awards will be presented at the party as well as voting for Club Officers so we encourage your attendance – especially those of you participating in the High-Mileage Contest. We look forward to seeing you there!
2018 NON-GGAHC EVENTS
October 17 to 21: California Healey Week
What: California Healey Week 2018 will be held in Solvang, California. The event will be headquartered at the Hotel Corque in downtown Solvang.
The historic Danish village of Solvang offers the best of the Santa Ynez Valley and Santa Barbara wine country in a relaxed and peaceful setting. Indulge in authentic Danish pastries at our world-famous bakeries. Stroll through the village and admire the old-world European architecture, plus find the perfect souvenir at a variety of charming boutiques and shops.
Fall is typically beautiful in the Santa Ynez Valley. We plan to have some beautiful drives through back roads in the Valley, with the option of visiting several of the many vineyards for wine tasting. You will have the option to visit the Vintage Motorcycle Museum in town. We also plan a visit to the Mendenhall’s Museum, which is one of the largest collections on the west coast of gasoline pumps, petroliana, road signs, license plates, race cars, racing history, miscellaneous antiques. The car show will be the highlight of the week, and we’re negotiating to have it in a special location.
Many more activities are currently in the planning stages. Be sure and mark your calendar so you do not miss this special Austin Healey event. The registration form will be published by the end of 2017.
More info: Online at www.austin-healey.org
October 21: All-British Motor Show 2018
What: The Blackhawk Automotive Museum is pleased to host the 2018 All British Motor Show presented by The Mini Owners of America, San Francisco Chapter (MOASF). http://moasf.com
2018 marks the 28th year of this annual gathering of all British automobiles, and the third year since the event has moved to the Blackhawk Museums & Plaza in Danville, CA and has been expanded to include all British cars and motorcycles. All participating show car owners will receive complimentary admission to the Blackhawk Museums the day of the show.
More info: Online at http://allbritishmotorshow.com
November 4: Marin Cars & Coffee
What: On the First Sunday of every month, automotive enthusiasts gather in front of Starbuck’s in the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center Novato, California to share their vehicles and admire the other fabulous classics, exotics, rods and anything else with wheels and a motor. This has become a HUGE event and now commonly has well over 200 cars, ranging from serious vintage to modern. First Sunday of each month, from 8-10 am, though many spaces fill by 7:30. This is a great gathering of cars and car fans. FREE—no charge, no registration.
Points to know:
- The first Sunday of every month, rain or shine, in front of Starbucks in the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center Novato, California.
- 8:00 in the morning to 10:00 am. Arrive when you want.
- Check your ego at the stop sign.
- Park where you can.
- It’s free! Excluding your Starbucks purchases! Please do patronize the local stores!
- Leave when you want. BUT, behave yourself! No burnouts, no running over pedestrians, no sudden left turns into center dividers. Seriously, you won’t impress anyone and the other 100+ cars owners will not take kindly to any attempt you might make to screw up this event.
- Photographs will be taken of your car.Many of these photographs (including personalized license plates) will find their way to the web.
- The Marin Cars and Coffee Facebook page posts pictures, monthly, that participants may continue to revel in the experience and to allow others, who missed attending, to fill this void in their lives.
- This is a family friendly get-together.
- There is a welcomed police presence (hint, hint).
- Enjoy yourself! This is a wonderful assembly of diverse car owning folks! Lots to see and lots to learn!
More info: online at www.facebook.com/Marin-County-Cars-and-Coffee
2019 NON-GGAHC EVENTS
June 2 to 5: Rendezvous 2019
What: The Cascade Austin Healey Club of Washington will be hosting the 2019 Rendezvous at Campbell’s Resort on Lake Chelan, Washington.
More info: Coming!!
September 7 to 12: Black Hills Conclave 2019
What: The AHCA membership has been asking for a Conclave outside the heat of the summer months for years, so ….
The Minnesota AHC will be hosting Conclave 2019 in Deadwood, South Dakota, September 6 to 11, 2019.
Deadwood is about 1,400 from San Francisco. Yes, that is a pretty long haul for sure, but given the “freshness” of the roads and the region – in being little-known territory to Healey owners – there might be some number of owners from the far west who would like to make the trek and see those new-to-them roads and sights despite the distances involved.
More info: Online at Conclave 2019
UPCOMING BIG EVENTS!
Click on the Logos.
California Healey Week 2018
October 17 – 21, 2018
September 6 – 11, 2019
For Healey Events Nationwide, go to the Austin Healey Club of America at AHCA Events Calendar
Go to UK Healey events for the year-round schedule of the Austin Healey Club UK.