2018 GOLDEN GATE AUSTIN HEALEY CLUB EVENT SCHEDULE
Includes non-GGAHC Major Healey Events and Club-recommended events
Indicates events sponsored by the Golden Gate Austin Healey Club.
The club is introducing some new stuff this year to encourage participation:
- The 100%er Club has been created to recognize club members that participate in ALL OFFICIAL CLUB ACTIVITIES. 100%er Club members will be recognized at the 2018 Christmas Party.
- The club is going to revive Club Member Name Badges but you MUST QUALIFY by participating in 5 official club events.
- An Annual Mileage Award will be presented at the 2018 Christmas Party to the club member that drives their Healey the most during the year. The Events Coordinator will record your odometer mileage at the first event you attend for the year.
November 3: Delta Drive
What: Club member Gerry Silva will lead a drive through The Delta with a lunch stop at Foster’s Bighorn Bar (43 Main St, Rio Vista, CA 94571) which houses a wide variety of animals (of the stuffed variety) culminating at the California State Railroad Museum (125 I St, Sacramento, CA 95814).
The drive will start at 9:30 am from the Walnut Creek Target parking lot (1871 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596) right off the Ygnacio Valley exit at the Highway 680/24 interchange. At about 10:30 we’ll gather at the McDonald’s (914 Main St, Antioch, CA 94509) before crossing the Antioch bridge, wind along scenic Highway 160 and arrive at Foster’s Bighorn about 11:30 for lunch. Then onto the Railroad Museum.
You’re on your own for lunch and admission to the Railroad Museum is $10 or $9 for Seniors.
There are several gas options near the start:
Shell – 265 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Chevron – 1980 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
76 – 690 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
December 1: GGAHC Christmas Party
What: This year’s Golden Gate Austin Healey Club Christmas Party will be held at The Van’s Restaurant (815 Belmont Ave, Belmont, CA 94002) on December 1st at 12:00 p.m.
The Van’s has a unique and interesting Bay Area history. Built in San Francisco as the Japanese Tea House to commemorate the opening of the Panama Canal in 1915 (same as the Palace of Fine Arts) for the Panama Pacific International Exposition. Only those two buildings remain 103 years after the Expo. The Tea House was moved by barge and then horse and mule team in 1921 to its current location. It served as a residence, a speakeasy during the Prohibition, then a saloon and, since 1945, as an Italian restaurant.
Commemorations and awards will be presented at the party as well as voting for Club Officers so we encourage your attendance – especially those of you participating in the High-Mileage Contest. We look forward to seeing you there!
2018 NON-GGAHC EVENTS
November 4: Marin Cars & Coffee
What: On the First Sunday of every month, automotive enthusiasts gather in front of Starbuck’s in the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center Novato, California to share their vehicles and admire the other fabulous classics, exotics, rods and anything else with wheels and a motor. This has become a HUGE event and now commonly has well over 200 cars, ranging from serious vintage to modern. First Sunday of each month, from 8-10 am, though many spaces fill by 7:30. This is a great gathering of cars and car fans. FREE—no charge, no registration.
Points to know:
- The first Sunday of every month, rain or shine, in front of Starbucks in the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center Novato, California.
- 8:00 in the morning to 10:00 am. Arrive when you want.
- Check your ego at the stop sign.
- Park where you can.
- It’s free! Excluding your Starbucks purchases! Please do patronize the local stores!
- Leave when you want. BUT, behave yourself! No burnouts, no running over pedestrians, no sudden left turns into center dividers. Seriously, you won’t impress anyone and the other 100+ cars owners will not take kindly to any attempt you might make to screw up this event.
- Photographs will be taken of your car.Many of these photographs (including personalized license plates) will find their way to the web.
- The Marin Cars and Coffee Facebook page posts pictures, monthly, that participants may continue to revel in the experience and to allow others, who missed attending, to fill this void in their lives.
- This is a family friendly get-together.
- There is a welcomed police presence (hint, hint).
- Enjoy yourself! This is a wonderful assembly of diverse car owning folks! Lots to see and lots to learn!
More info: online at www.facebook.com/Marin-County-Cars-and-Coffee
2019 NON-GGAHC EVENTS
June 2 to 5: Rendezvous 2019
What: The Cascade Austin Healey Club of Washington will be hosting the 2019 Rendezvous at Campbell’s Resort on Lake Chelan, Washington.
More info: Coming!!
September 6 to 11: Black Hills Conclave 2019 – Note the Date Change!!
What: The AHCA membership has been asking for a Conclave outside the heat of the summer months for years, so ….
The Minnesota AHC will be hosting Conclave 2019 in Deadwood, South Dakota, September 6 to 11, 2019.
Deadwood is about 1,400 from San Francisco. Yes, that is a pretty long haul for sure, but given the “freshness” of the roads and the region – in being little-known territory to Healey owners – there might be some number of owners from the far west who would like to make the trek and see those new-to-them roads and sights despite the distances involved.
More info: Online at Conclave 2019