2019 – 2020 GOLDEN GATE AUSTIN HEALEY CLUB EVENT SCHEDULE
Includes non-GGAHC Major Healey Events and Club-recommended events
Indicates events sponsored by the Golden Gate Austin Healey Club.
The club is introducing some new stuff this year to encourage participation:
- The 100%er Club has been created to recognize club members that participate in ALL OFFICIAL CLUB ACTIVITIES. 100%er Club members will be recognized at the 2018 Christmas Party.
- The club is going to revive Club Member Name Badges but you MUST QUALIFY by participating in 5 official club events.
- An Annual Mileage Award will be presented at the 2018 Christmas Party to the club member that drives their Healey the most during the year. The Events Coordinator will record your odometer mileage at the first event you attend for the year.
2019 GGAHC EVENTS
October 19: Lodi Wine and Root Beer Tour
What: The Lodi Wine Region was named Wine Region of the Year for 2015 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. With 85+ Lodi wineries, Lodi wine country offers an amazing variety of tasting opportunities. We won’t visit them all in one day, but David Nock will lead us to his favorites.
The Lodi area is not just famous for its Tokay and Zinfandel Grapes. There is another secret of Lodi. It is the original home of A&W Root Beer.
We will be having lunch at the Original A&W which is just a few short blocks away from where the very first Root Beer was sold by Roy Allen from a small street stand on the streets of Lodi during a welcome home parade for the WW1 soldiers coming home.
We will start out our tour meeting up at the McDonald’s in Oakley at Hwy 160 and Main St.
After a leisure drive thru some of the Delta Levees, we will arrive at our first stop, Lodi Vintners for a food and wine pairing that you have never experienced before. Guaranteed.
We will stop for lunch at the original home of A & W Root Beer.
Following lunch it’s a visit to another unique winery, Klinker Brick, where the name comes from the sound that the bricks the building is made from make when they are banged together.
Then it is off to another unique winery that is one of our personal favorites, Oak Farm Vineyards.
Where we will have a private tasting and the use of their Bocce Ball Courts. After that, when you are ready, it is only a short drive to I-5 for your trip home.
More info: RSVP by 10/12/19 to email@example.com. We will depart McDonald’s in Oakley at 9:30 AM. Meet at 9:00 AM; there is fuel available next door.
December 8: Christmas Party
What: IT WAS SO POPULAR LAST YEAR THAT…
This year’s Golden Gate Austin Healey Club Christmas Party will return to The Van’s Restaurant (815 Belmont Ave, Belmont, CA 94002) on December 8th at 12:00 p.m.
The Van’s has a unique and interesting Bay Area history. Built in San Francisco as the Japanese Tea House to commemorate the opening of the Panama Canal in 1915 (same as the Palace of Fine Arts) for the Panama Pacific International Exposition. Only those two buildings remain 103 years after the Expo. The Tea House was moved by barge and then horse and mule team in 1921 to its current location. It served as a residence, a speakeasy during the Prohibition, then a saloon and, since 1945, as an Italian restaurant.
More info: The price is unchanged from last year: $30 per person (checks made out to GGAHC and mailed to 164 Regency Dr., Clayton, CA 94517) and attendees need to bring a suitable unwrapped gift or check (minimum $10) for Toys For Tots (please be generous) and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 24th. Please indicate the number of attendees. SERVERS WILL TAKE YOUR MENU ORDER AT YOUR TABLE.
Commemorations and awards will be presented at the party.
2019 NON-GGAHC EVENTS
October 20: All British Motor Show
What: The All British Motor Show will be back at Blackhawk again this year! Thanks to our Blackhawk Museum friends for their continued sponsorship. Looking for another great British show with all of our friends and awesome cars!
More info: Registration and additional show information should be available by mid August. Follow the Facebook page at facebook.com/allbritishmotorshowblackhawk.
November 3: Marin Cars & Coffee
What: On the First Sunday of every month, automotive enthusiasts gather in front of Starbuck’s in the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center Novato, California to share their vehicles and admire the other fabulous classics, exotics, rods and anything else with wheels and a motor. This has become a HUGE event and now commonly has well over 200 cars, ranging from serious vintage to modern. First Sunday of each month, from 8-10 am, though many spaces fill by 7:30. This is a great gathering of cars and car fans. FREE—no charge, no registration.
Points to know:
- The first Sunday of every month, rain or shine, in front of Starbucks in the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center Novato, California.
- 8:00 in the morning to 10:00 am. Arrive when you want.
- Check your ego at the stop sign.
- Park where you can.
- It’s free! Excluding your Starbucks purchases! Please do patronize the local stores!
- Leave when you want. BUT, behave yourself! No burnouts, no running over pedestrians, no sudden left turns into center dividers. Seriously, you won’t impress anyone and the other 100+ cars owners will not take kindly to any attempt you might make to screw up this event.
- Photographs will be taken of your car.Many of these photographs (including personalized license plates) will find their way to the web.
- The Marin Cars and Coffee Facebook page posts pictures, monthly, that participants may continue to revel in the experience and to allow others, who missed attending, to fill this void in their lives.
- This is a family friendly get-together.
- There is a welcomed police presence (hint, hint).
- Enjoy yourself! This is a wonderful assembly of diverse car owning folks! Lots to see and lots to learn!
More info: online at www.facebook.com/Marin-County-Cars-and-Coffe
2020 GGAHC EVENTS
May 17 to 21: Rendezvous 2020
What: GGAHC, Austin Healey Association of Southern California (AHASC), and Austin Healey Club USA (AHCUSA) will host the 45th Austin Healey Rendezvous at the Mont Bleu in Lake Tahoe! 2020 is the 50th Anniversary of AHCUSA and GGAHC, so this will be a BIG EVENT!!